No products in the cart.
• 2 tablespoons of oil
• 250g venison eye fi llet
• 3 sheets of fi lo pastry
• 60g of melted butter
• Salt and pepper
• Minced garlic
• 3 rashers of bacon
• You could add mushrooms onion semi – sundried tomatoes and olives for extra ﬂ avour just put on top of the ﬁ llet before you wrap the bacon.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Put oil in a frying pan and get it really hot.
3. Roll the venison in combined salt pepper and garlic and place into the hot pan sealing all sides of the version 1 minute or 2 per side you only want to seal the meat not cook it as it cooks in the oven.
4. Meanwhile lay out your 3 sheets of ﬁ lo pastry and brush the melted butter all over the pastry.
5. Once sealed put venison on some paper towel to allow it to rest around 5 minutes.
6. Fry off the bacon rashers in the same pan. Once cooked place one rash down the middle of the pastry then put the ﬁ llet at one end of the bacon and roll it up tight, reposition the ﬁ llet and bacon in the middle of the pastry.
7. Fold the sides and ends of the pastry and roll, making sure that all of the ﬁ llet is covered. Brush the top with butter and place on a tray cook for 10 minutes that’s for medium.
Serve with fruit chutney