No products in the cart.
• 4 shanks off a fallow or sambar
• 1 cup flour
• ¼ cup oil
• 2 medium onions diced
• 2 medium carrots diced
• 1 cup red wine
• 3 cans crush tomatoes
• 6 bay leaves
• 2 tomatoes cut into ¼
• ¼ tsp of salt and pepper
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• 1 cup of wild blackberries
• 1 cup made up gravy
• Water to cover
1. Pre heat oven to 160 slow heat oven.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan or oven dish.
3. Roll shanks in flour and place into hot oil, try to seal all sides of shanks.
4. Place in large oven dish if you sealed them in a frying pan once sealed.
5. Add all of the above ingredients on top and pour liquids over shanks.
6. Make sure shanks are fully covered, so if you have to cover with water.
7. Place lid on or if you don’t have a lid, a layer of baking paper then alloy foil over the top will do the same thing.
8. Put into the middle of your warm oven and leave for 5 hours or so until tender.
9. To test if cooked meat should fall off the bone.
10. Serve with mash potato, use a large spoon and tongs to get shanks out.