No products in the cart.
• 500g minced venison
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• ½ cup (140g) tomato sauce
• ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
• 227g can pineapple chunks, drained reserving liquid
• 6 stalks baby corn
• 1 tablespoon peanut oil
• 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
• 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
• 1 green capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
• Steamed long-grain rice, to serve
1. Combine the mince, garlic, ginger and spring onion in a large bowl. Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place on a plate in the fridge for 20 mins to set.
2. Combine the sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chilli and reserved liquid from the pineapple can in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
3. Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, in 3 batches, turning, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
4. Add the onion and combined capsicum and baby corn to the same wok or pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until charred. Return the meatballs to the wok or pan with the pineapple chunks and the tomato sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until heated through.